about soapalicious - 100% natural body nutrition
As a Nutritionist, Sue has long believed our best and cheapest defence to good health, is good hand washing (a view which is more accepted now with the advent of Coronavirus). Whilst hand sanitiser can be effective, it can be deleterious to gut bacteria, which can therefore impact our digestive health, skin health as well as our immune system. Nothing beats good old fashioned hand made, natural soap.
Seeking to avoid artificial or toxic chemicals in all areas of one's life can also reduce our toxic load and significantly enhance our health.
A career as a solicitor has ingrained in Sue a passion for truth and integrity in ingredients labelling and in advocating people's rights to know exactly what they are putting in and on their body. We readily make available all ingredients and encourage you to read the labels so that you know what you are putting on your skin and in your body.
Most commercial soap bars, shaving foams and shampoos, and sadly even some purporting to be 'natural', are effectively detergents with chemicals which have no place in your body nor in our environment. Just as what goes into your body gets absorbed by your body, what goes on your skin, gets absorbed into your skin.....
We wish to reduce harmful things going down the drains of our showers and sinks as well as packaging which may sit in landfill for eternity.
A bit more about Soapalicious - 100% Natural Body Nutrition:
- all our soap, shaving and shampoo bars are earth-friendly and biodegradable
- all our bars are free from chemical preservatives, phthalates, parabens, EDTA, fragrance or perfume... they are free from artificial anything!
- most of our bars are vegan, yet we also make a 'bee-gan' soap using local, raw honey from Dudley
- we choose to support those who are trying to make a difference to the tainted palm oil industry by creating a range which uses RSPO certified sustainable palm oil. (We also have a palm oil-free range).
- our soap, shaving and shampoo bars can be helpful for those with dry or rough skin, allergies or problem skin, or for those simply looking to avoid artificial chemicals in their lives and enjoy the beautiful gifts of nature
- each bar comes packaged plastic-free in a reusable, unbleached 100% cotton muslin bag (or you can opt to go without) - this means that the soap and all its packaging (even the sticky tape!) is biodegradable and plastic-free
- each bar has been hand-crafted using techniques of cold process soapmaking and then cured for a minimum of 30 days
- as our soap, shaving and shampoo bars are hand-made, they have imperfections or differences in shape, colour etc - no two bars are really exactly the same - and you will find the scents much milder than artificial chemical fragrances found in regular soap, shaving foams and shampoo
- each bar also varies in size however we weigh all soaps before they are packaged for sale and will not sell any soap less than 95g in weight, before it is packaged
- just like most ingredients we eat, most ingredients in skin-care are likely to be natural if they are words that you understand - we think you will have little trouble in seeing that most of the ingredients in our bars are natural, however 'lye' might be an ingredient that leaves you wondering... lye, or sodium hydroxide, is a harsh, natural alkali which is used to make a gentle, mild soap plus natural glycerin when combined with oils...it is completely used up in the soap-making process so that NO lye, or sodium hydroxide, remains in your soap, shaving or shampoo bar.